- Is full of the Holy Spirit
- Asks the Holy Spirit a lot of questions.
- Obeys what the Holy Spirit tells them to do.
- Is passionate about God. Not someone who discharges religious duties, but who is a serious student of God’s heart.
- Diligently studies the Bible for themselves and doesn’t rely overly much on other people’s interpretation.
- Is respectful and honoring to those in authority over them.
- Is respectful, honoring, servant hearted, compassionate and patient with those under them.
- Speaks in Love what they believe is True in every circumstance, even if it means going against popular opinion.
- Wants to love God first and foremost.
- Wants to love others as Jesus loves them.
- Embraces humility, meekness and gentleness as chief virtues
- Is quick to listen and very, I mean very, slow to speak – someone who sincerely wants to understand others.
- and at the very end, someone who operates in a leadership gift as mentioned in Ephesians 4 (apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.) This is negotiable since hearing from God and doing what He says supersedes these smaller gifts. (i.e. hearing from God and doing what He says or saying what He says is prophetic and will always work for the benefit of God’s people through instruction (teaching), loving counsel (pastoral), exhortation (evangelism) or clarifying of doctrine and practice (apostolic).
I have been talking lately with a few people about what it really looks like to follow Jesus everyday. What I’ve seen so far is that it really comes down to 2 things: HEARING what the Spirit says and OBEYING what the Spirit says. Being in the Spirit as much as possible- practicing His Presence, prayer, worship- whatever you want to call it- being obsessed with His Presence and how He sees things.
Papa, take us up! Let us see what You see, hear what You hear, say what You say, love how You love. It is the cry of our heart that WE BELONG TO YOU. We want You, God.